IIDR member, Dr. Eric Brown and his team of researchers have attracted media attention across Canada for their latest discovery of an effective combination therapy that has the potential to change medical practice for the treatment of the drug resistant infections. The World Health Organization (WHO) recently identified these infections as a “critical priority” for their threat to human health.
Here are some media mentions:
- McMaster University researchers find glimmer of hope against superbug, Metro
- Superbugs set to meet their match thanks to Mac research, The Hamilton Spectator
- Canadian docs say they’ve discovered a new way to beat superbugs – for now, Global News
- “Superbug” Solution?, CHCH
- New drug therapy kills some drug-resistant bacteria, Radio Canada International